Dataset List

Vol.|Area

Data Details

Dataset of Oasis, River System, Mountainous Part and Elevation Classification in the Keriya River Catchment


GUI Dongwei1,2,3LI Bofei1,2ZHANG Siyuan1,2LIU Chuang4
1 State Key Laboratory of Desert and Oasis Ecology,Xinjiang Institute of Ecology and Geography,Chinese Academy of Sciences,Urumqi 830011,China2 Cele National Station of Observation and Research for Desert-Grassland Ecosystems,Cele 848300,China3 University of Chinese Academy of Sciences,Beijing 100049,China4 Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research,Chinese Academy of Sciences,Beijing 100101,China

DOI:10.3974/geodb.2022.12.07.V1

Published:Dec. 2022

Visitors:4052       Data Files Downloaded:97      
Data Downloaded:896.78 MB      Citations:

Key Words:

Keriya River,Pishigai River,Yutian,oasis,catchment,elevation,Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region,data encyclopedia

Abstract:

Keriya River Oasis is located in Hotan Administrative Region, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China. Its geo-location is between 36°24'57"N and 37°09'26"N, 81°06′54″E and 82°15′43″E. The Keriya River Oasis consists of 17 oases with a total area of 1,770.72 km² based on the Albers projection, total perimeter of 1,192.99 km based on the Lambert projection. In the Keriya River Oasis, about 98.68 % of the total area is in Yutian, and the rest (1.32%) is in Cele. The largest oasis covers an area of 1,714.05 km² (Albers projection) and a perimeter of 1,006.02 km (Lambert projection). The Keriya River System refers to the rivers which maintain the existence of the Keriya River oasis, mainly including the Keriya River, Pishgai River and Yemia River. Their main stream lengths are 582.90 km, 107.08 km and 136.22 km (Lambert projection). The geo-location of mountainous Keriya River Catchment is between 35°11'08"N and 36°35'40"N, 81°06'59"E and 83°48'12"E. The area of the catchment is 17,291.29 km² (Albers projection). Among which, about 99.39% is in Hotan Administration Region (71.00% in Yutian, 22.00% in Minfeng, 6.39% in Cele); 0.61% is in Ali Region of Tibet Autonomous Region, China. The perimeter of the mountainous Keriya River Catchment is 887.32 km (Lambert projection). The elevation classification data was classified as 10 types: one type below 2500 m, with an interval of every 500 m upward. The dataset was developed based on Google Earth images, ASTER GDEM 30 m and in situ data. The dataset is consisted of: (1) boundary data of the Keriya River Oasis; (2) river system of Keriya River; (3) boundary data of the mountainous part of the Keriya River catchment; (4) elevation classification data of the mountainous part of the Keriya River catchment. The dataset is archived in .kmz, .shp and .tif data formats, and consists of 48 data files with data size of 45.4 MB (compressed to 4 files with 29.5 MB).

Foundation Item:

Ministry of Science and Technology of P. R. China (2022xjkk010201)

Data Citation:

GUI Dongwei, LI Bofei, ZHANG Siyuan, LIU Chuang. Dataset of Oasis, River System, Mountainous Part and Elevation Classification in the Keriya River Catchment[J/DB/OL]. Digital Journal of Global Change Data Repository, 2022. https://doi.org/10.3974/geodb.2022.12.07.V1.

Data Product:

ID Data Name Data Size Operation
1 KeriyaRiverOasis.kmz 8210.73KB
2 KeriyaRiverSystem.kmz 2144.06KB
3 KeriyaRiverSystemOasisM.Catchment.rar 18363.24KB
4 MontPartofKeriyaRiverCatchment.kmz 1559.31KB
Co-Sponsors
Superintend